Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Review - The Hunt (Project Paper Doll #2) by Stacey Kade

The Hunt (Project Paper Doll, #2)Title: The Hunt
Author: Stacey Kade
Series: 2nd (The Rules)
Pages: 400
Published: April 22nd 2014 by Disney-Hyperion 
ISBN: 9781423153290
Source: Publisher via Netgalley






Description: Ariane Tucker has finally escaped GTX, the research facility that created her. While on the run, Zane Bradshaw is the only person she can trust. He knows who-and what-she is and still wants to be part of her life. But accepting Zane's help means putting him in danger. Dr. Jacobs, head of GTX, is not the only one hunting for Ariane. Two rival corporations have their sights set on taking down their competition. Permanently. To protect Zane and herself, Ariane needs allies. She needs the other hybrids. The hybrids who are way more alien and a lot less human. Can Ariane win them over before they turn on her? Or will she be forced to choose sides, to decide who lives and who dies?

I Give This ....
Photobucket

I tend to have a hard time with the second books in series.  But this was surprisingly fast paced, and very rarely did it have that typical middle of the series feel to it.

Ariane is still an interesting character to me because she does things that one might not consider normal.  Granted this is completely understandable because she isn't human.  Despite all the things she's been taught, her instincts aren't that of a teenage girl.    I really enjoyed that because I never quite knew what she was going to do next.  Even when you thought you knew were the storyline was going, it didn't play out exactly how you pictured.

 Can I say that I love the other hybrids!  Even if their mission is prove they are better than Ariane, I could help but be in awe of them.  I'm curious how they would like if this were to be made into a movie because in my head they are unequivocally other.  Their connection to each other was fascinating to me.  It seemed to be the only thing human about them.  

 I admired Zane's dedication to Ariane.  He was willing to follow her anywhere despite the danger and the personal anguish.  I imagine Ariane was just about the only person he felt connected to even though she struggled with how she felt (more so the humanness to it).

The cliffhanger was interesting.  It reminds me a little bit of another series I just completed.  I'm curious how it will play out!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails