Saturday, April 5, 2014

Review - Torn (Torn #1) by K.A. Robinson

Torn (Torn, #1)Title: Torn
Author: K.A. Robinson
Series: 1st
Pages: 268
Published: September 3rd 2013 by Atria Books
ISBN:  9781476752136
Source:  Publisher via Netgaller
 





Description: Chloe hasn't had the best life. With a mother who is gone more often than not, she has had to raise herself. After graduating high school, she leaves to start a new life away at West Virginia University with her best friends Amber and Logan, determined to leave her demons in the past.  On her first day, she meets a stranger who takes her breath away at first sight. Until she met Drake, no one had ever sparked her interest. Now this tattooed and pierced bad boy is all she can think about, no matter how hard she fights it. Falling for Drake was never part of her plans, but when it happens, things seem to do anything but fall into place. Dealing with a tragic past, Drake has never cared about anyone else but himself and his band. But when Chloe takes the empty seat next to him in class, things start to change. Instantly drawn to her, he begins to wonder if one girl can take a cold hearted womanizer and change every part of him?


I Give This ...
Photobucket

Hmm...This book really wasn't what I was expecting.  Then again, I wasn't sure what genre it fit into.  Although, it didn't take long before I realized that this fits solidly into the new adult genre.  It's a niche that I enjoy.  

I liked Chloe for the most part.  I can't imagine the life she's had to live up until the time she met Amber.  Her mom is a complete wreck and causes Chloe a lot of pain.   It's amazing that Amber's parents are able to recognize all Chloe has to offer and have the means to take in a teenager with that kind of background.  But, as much as Chloe tries to live without the shadow of her past, she makes a lot of mistakes trying to prove she isn't her mother.

I found it interesting how oblivious she is to Logan's true feelings.  If everyone else knew how he felt, I imagine he's jealous tendencies had reared their ugly head before.  I had to admire his loyalty to Chloe, he stuck by her no matter what.  He hoped that one day she would see him as he saw her.  But, I found some of his controlling ways a little overbearing.  Chloe needed to make her own mistakes with our him hovering over her.

I loved Drake, but not because I have a thing for the bad boys.  I think he was trying hard to live up to the reputation he had created for himself.  By behaving the way he did, he kept anybody from getting close to him.  But, Chloe got to him and he had a hard time putting up those walls he had worked so hard to build.   

I know lots of readers loved Logan, but I felt like the relationship was forced.  I never though Chloe had true feelings for him.  She entered the relationship because everyone felt like she should, that Logan was the perfect match.  I don't condone cheating, but it was inevitable int his situation.

I'll have to seek out the next one.  I'm curious what chaos can come next!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails