Thursday, February 20, 2014

B & K's Reading Daze


I have two girls who love to read as much as I do.  They are 8 and 5.  My oldest has grown in  leaps and bounds in the reading department and is beginning to love easy chapter books.  My youngest has most of her sight words and is beginning to start blending.  I'm so excited that this love of mine seems to be passing on to them.  So B & K's Reading Daze highlights some of the books they have enjoyed over the past month.  


We've been kind of in a reading frenzy in this house lately, but I've been perpetually behind on the blog that I haven't done this feature in awhile.

My youngest has particularly enjoyed the Barbie I Can be book lately.  These include 


I Can Be a Pet Vet (Barbie)I Can Be a Horse Rider (Barbie)I Can Be a Ballerina (Barbie) (Step into Reading)

I Can Be A Pet Vet
I Can Be A Horse Rider
I Can Be A Ballerina
  
My oldest had been reading the Junie B Jones series for quite some time, but has finally moved on.  She had a major book report due this week and choose something that was a little higher than her normal reading range.  She ended up really enjoying the book and is already ready for the next books in the series.

Pet Hotel #1: Calling All Pets!Title: Calling All Pets 
Author: Kate Finch

Twins Meg and Charlie are moving into their great-great-aunt's hotel, and they're in for some surprises! The run-down hotel is full of cool old rooms, a rooftop garden, even an elevator. There's also one big problem -- it doesn't have any guests.  But when Meg and Charlie volunteer to look after a neighbor's golden retriever puppy, the fuzzy little furball gives them a great idea. They're going to transform their new home into an amazing hotel . . . for pets!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails