Saturday, January 25, 2014

Review - The Redhead Plays Her Hand (Redhead #3) by Alice Clayton

The Redhead Plays Her Hand (Redhead, #3)Title: The Redhead Plays Her Hand
Author: Alice Clayton
Pages: 320
Published: December 17th 2013 by Gallery Books 
ISBN: 9781476741253
Source: Publisher for Honest Review







Description: Grace has landed the lead in a new TV series—but when the director asks her to lose fifteen pounds, she goes public with her weight struggles and suddenly develops a huge fan club who support her right to have curves. But between that and the public’s continuing fascination with her “are they or aren’t they” relationship with Jack, Grace begins to wonder if anyone’s really interested in her because of her upcoming TV series, or if it’s all speculation about the size of her ass and her bedroom partner. Meanwhile, Jack is voted the Sexiest Man Alive and becomes a little too enamored with the party-hard lifestyle. Grace vows to give him the space he needs to find himself, but then he begins to spiral down from lovable Brit to Hollywood brat. People are talking, but are Jack and Grace? Her career is on the rise, and his continues into the stratosphere, but will she be able to catch him if he falls? Will they ever be able to just be a couple who can hold hands when they walk down the street? 

I Give This ...

Photobucket

I've been anxiously waiting for this book for some time.  I've been a fan of Alice Clayton long before she was finally given the recognition she deserved from the big six!  But, I admit I was also hesitant.  Would my beloved characters have changed to please the big guys?  Rest assured, they may go through some turmoils but Grace and Jack are still just as sweet as ever.

I've seen some knocks against Grace in a few reviews.  Maybe it's because they don't identify with the way Grace reacted to her situations.  She's new to Hollywood and I imagine that's incredibly difficult to be faced with the pressure becoming famous entails.  Especially when she's attached to not only the "golden boy" of Hollywood, but also the newest it show of Television.  She's not your typical star and she hasn't grow a backbone yet when it comes to how all those people might play her.  I'm sure we all think that we someone tells us to lose weight in underhanded ways, we would tell them to get bent.  But, the truth is, I'm not sure we would.  Most have the drive to succeed, and if acting was our chosen dream, we would do anything to keep it.

More especially, I understood Grace's reactions to Jack.  I may not have liked him much in this book, but I thought he was true to character.  We've all seen how Hollywood can strip young actors down to nothing.  Now, it's a book and Clayton could have chose to have Jack be better than that.  But, in all reality I think showing the weakness was better.  Now maybe Grace could have walked away and decided Jack wasn't worth it.  But, sometimes it's harder than one thinks.  Even if it's the best thing for us in so many ways.  I identified with it because in all reality I've been in that relationship that all it would have took was one "I'm Sorry." Is it the right decision?   Only time can tell.

The only difference for me was this book seemed a lot lighter on the sex than previous books and more on the actual dynamics of their relationship.  It's not all about what happens in the bedroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails