Thursday, November 28, 2013

Review (DNF) - All the Mermaids in the Sea: The Lost Journals of the Little Mermaid by Robert W Cabell

All the Mermaids in the Sea: The Lost Journals of the Little MermaidTitle: All The Mermaids in the Sea
Author: Robert W Cabell
Series: Stand Alone
Pages: 468
Published: February 14th 2013 by Oceanus Books
ISBN:
9780988969872
Source: Author Sent for honest review








Description: Denmark's King Valdemar I, was a young prince when he was washed overboard in a violent storm. His life was saved, but his heart was lost, to Poseidon's daughter Helmi. Twenty-five years later, he faked his death and returned to her in the sea. Their daughter Miranda protected their realm from the ravages of two world wars and then met her own true love, Halder, a marine biologist. On the day of their daughter's birth, Miranda and Halder were mysteriously killed along the Seattle waterfront, but their child survived. Adopted by a loving couple, she was named for the lavender pearl around her neck --- the only clue to her identity. While in Hawaii for her thirteenth birthday she visits Dolphin Quest and everything changes. As Pearl swims with the dolphins, she magically transforms into a mermaid. During her journey through the depths of the oceans, she learns of the murder of her parents and that her grandmother is the immortal Little Mermaid. The stories of Helmi, Miranda, and Pearl are woven together in a sweeping epic of romance and adventure, with a dazzling conclusion that changes the fate of mankind.


I Give This ...
 DNF (Did Not Finish)

I'm a huge little mermaid fan.  So, I really didn't even hesitate on this one.   However, I just could not get into the story.

I struggled with the varying viewpoints.  There seems to be a couple in the presents and a couple in different points in the past.  It took me awhile just to connect the dots on who was who.  4 days later and only 125 pages into the book, I decided to move on for now.  If I come back to this book, I will update my review.

On a side note, I'm not sure the cover is appropriate for the age group.  The author said the book was YA friendly but suitable for all ages.  My husband took one look at the cover and asked what kind of book I was reading.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails