Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:
 
 
The Casual Vacancy 
 
Title: The Casual Vacancy
Author: J.K. Rowling
Release Date: September 27th by Little Brown and Company
 
Description: When Barry Fairbrother dies in his early forties, the town of Pagford is left in shock.  Pagford is, seemingly, an English idyll, with a cobbled market square and an ancient abbey, but what lies behind the pretty façade is a town at war.  Rich at war with poor, teenagers at war with their parents, wives at war with their husbands, teachers at war with their pupils…Pagford is not what it first seems.  And the empty seat left by Barry on the parish council soon becomes the catalyst for the biggest war the town has yet seen. Who will triumph in an election fraught with passion, duplicity and unexpected revelations?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Who isn't excited for this.  It's J.K. Rowling!!   I hope my expectations aren't too high.
 

  

6 comments:

  1. I hope it's good, my expectations are also high for this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find this book very scary.. I'm not sure if I want to try it out. I don't want to ruin my love for her :p

    Visit my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not all that excited about this one but if it comes my way I'll most likely read it.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh! This does sound like something I would like to read! Thanks so much for spotlighting it today. Please check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how I feel about this book... I want to read it since its by J.K Rowling, but I really don't like this synopsis.... I completely agree with Mel, I don't want to not like it and ruin my view of her.

    WoW for the Week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I featured this one last week. I'm excited about JK Rowling having another book coming out, but I'm alittle nervous about this one. I'll definitely read it eventually. Great pick!

    Check out my WOW.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails