Thursday, July 26, 2012

Review - Blue-Blooded Vamp (Sabina Kane, #5) by Jaye Wells

Blue-Blooded Vamp (Sabina Kane, #5)Title: Blue-Blooded Vamp
Author: Jaye Wells
Pages: 352
Published:  May 22nd 2012 by Orbit
ISBN:  9780316178457
Source: Publisher via Netgalley






Description: Sabina Kane is on the hunt. Her prey: Cain, the father of the vampire race and the one who murdered her family and her friends. Unfortunately, Cain is hunting Sabina, too.  The one man who holds the key to defeating Cain is, of course, Abel. A mage with secrets to spare and, hopefully, the power to match it. Unfortunately, for Sabina, he's in Rome and may not want to be found.  Sabina sets out for Italy with her friends, Giguhl and Adam Lazarus, to track down the only man who can get her the revenge she hungers for. But will he help her or oppose her? And just who is Abel, really? Worst of all, when Sabina figures out the goddess Lilith has a plan for her-she realizes this trip is getting deadlier by the minute. As they say: when in Rome-SURVIVE.


I Give This ...
Photobucket

I have to say it's nice to see the end of a series.  I no longer have to wait until the next book nor do I have to worry that the author is going to carry out a series to long.  I will miss Sabina, Adam, and the gang.  But, I'm more that satisfied with how this series ended.

Sabina really takes a pounding in this book.  In order to become The Chosen One, she must literally give up everything she isAnd while her friends are allowed to accompany her in the Underworld, she alone has to make the sacrifices.  The Sabina we met in book one would not have even considered any of the options she willingly endures throughout this book.  She truly embraces her destiny even when people walk away from her telling her there is no way that it can be done.

I liked the chain of events the happen though out this book.  I enjoyed how they have to track down Abel and the kink it throws into the story when we discover who he really is.  I liked the journey into and through the underworld.  I liked the mythological elements that were brought into the story.  I liked how each races occupies a space and how each one has a different feel.  I liked how the story ended even though I felt it lost a little bit of it's edge in that moment.  The only thing I could have done with out....mischief demon babies.  That was a bit much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails