Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Review - Bloodfever (Fever #2) by Karen Marie Moning

Bloodfever (Fever, #2)Title: Bloodfever
Author: Karen Marie Moning
Series: 2nd (Darkfever)
Pages: 303
Published: October 16th 2007 by Delacorte Press
ISBN: 9780385339162
Source: Library







Description: I used to be your average, everyday girl but all that changed one night in Dublin when I saw my first Fae, and got dragged into a world of deadly immortals and ancient secrets. . . .In her fight to stay alive, MacKayla must find the Sinsar Dubh—a million-year-old book of the blackest magic imaginable, which holds the key to power over the worlds of both the Fae and Man. Pursued by assassins, surrounded by mysterious figures she knows she can’t trust, Mac finds herself torn between two deadly and powerful men: V’lane, the immortal Fae Prince, and Jericho Barrons, a man as irresistible as he is dangerous.  For centuries the shadowy realm of the Fae has coexisted with that of humans. Now the walls between the two are coming down, and Mac is the only thing that stands between them.


I Give This ...
Photobucket

Why oh why did I wait so long to read this?   I enjoyed the first one so one would think that the next in the series would be read as soon as possible.  Such was not the case.  I'm glad to finally get to it.

With so long between books, I once again was afraid of missing information.  But, I never once felt lost with the story lineThe author does a fantastic job feeling in the gaps when bridging the two books.   The events build off what has already occurred.  Jericho covets Mac's special ability to locate objects of power.  Things that shouldn't be in human hands (and maybe not in the hand of the Fae either).  I find it interesting how these objects give off vibes that Mac can sense.  And the Sinsar Dubh give off a vibe so powerful that it knocks Mac unconscious just to be near it.  How can they every locate it if she can't get near it?  And who has it?  Those are two questions that I'm dieing to know.

Mac has changed a lot since we meet her in book one.  Gone is the carefree spoiled little girl.  She's harded a lot by the events that she has been forced to witness.  I think it's evident by the way she handles the detective (who is bound a determined to pin something on her) and the brother of a man she killed (who is determined to extract revenge on whoever was responsible for his brother's death).  Ever a surprise visit for her father doesn't crumble her determination to punish the one who caused her sisters death.  

There's less V'lane in this story.  Something I wasn't quite sure about.  He seems to be struggling with his own feelings towards Mac.  He has a hard time understanding why is advances to work on Mac the way they normally do.  And then he does something that totally surprises me.  He's definitely not your typical Seelie prince.  There is lots of Jericho in this story.  The tension between Mac and Jericho you can cut with a knife.   I'm begging to understand a little bit about him and can't wait to find out more.

A bit slower than the first book, but still an great read.  I'll have to make sure that the next one doesn't take so long to get to!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, the Fever series... It's time for me to re-visit that series. I think it gets better as the story unfolds. Thanks for the reminder of a great series!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails