Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Review - Intangible by J. Meyers

IntangibleTitle: Intangible
Author: J. Meyers
Series: Maybe 1st in Series?
 Published: January 31st 2012 by J. Meyers
Pages: 318
ISBN: 9781470010157
Source: Sent in exchange for honest review
 







Description: Twins Sera and Luke Raine have a well-kept secret—she heals with a touch of her hand, he sees the future. All their lives they’ve helped those in need on the sly. They’ve always thought of their abilities as being a gift.  Then Luke has a vision that Sera is killed. That gift they’ve always cherished begins to feel an awful lot like a curse. Because the thing about Luke’s ability? He’s always right. And he can’t do anything about it.

I Give This ...
Photobucket

The description is kind of vague for this book.  So, when I was first contacted about reviewing it I was a little unsure.  At the time, I wasn't knee deep in review book, so I decided to give it a go.  I'm glad I did.

I liked the idea that our main characters are twins with special powers.  They have these amazing abilities and they seem like humble teenagers.  In fact, they are kind of outsiders.  They don't seek attention for themselves and have a driven need to help those less fortunate than themselves.  All this, while trying to keep their powers under the radar.  They impressed me very much.

I enjoyed the intrigue of the prophecy that speaks of Sera and Luke.  It seems like the powers that be having been waiting along time for them.  Some want to destroy them and what they might be able to do.  Others want to use them for the own purposes.  Since we only really learn about those who want to destroy them in this book, I get the feeling that this is likely going to be a series.  

I liked this book from start to finish, even though I felt it dragged a little in places.  It was a great storyline with characters that I really liked.  I'm hoping this is going to be a series because I would like more information.  I would definitely read it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails