Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Review - Perception (Clarity #2) by Kim Harrington

Perception (Clarity, #2)Title: Perception
Author: Kim Harrington
Series: 2nd (Clarity)
Pages: 288
Published:  March 1st 2012 by Scholastic
ISBN:  9780545230537
Source: Around The World Tours






Description:  Everybody knows about Clarity "Clare" Fern. She's the psychic girl in school, the one who can place her hands on something and see hidden visions from the past.  Only Clare would rather not be a celebrity. She prefers hanging back, observing. Her gift is not a game to her.  But then someone starts playing with her head . . . and heart. Messages and gifts from a secret admirer crop up everywhere Clare turns. Could they be from Gabriel, the gorgeous boy who gets Clare's pulse racing? Or from Justin, Clare's hopeful ex-boyfriend who'd do anything to win her back?  One thing is certain. Clare needs to solve this mystery, and soon. Because the messages are becoming sinister, and a girl in town has suddenly disappeared.

 I Give This ...
 Photobucket

There's something about Clare that will keep me coming back for more.  I love her character.  I find her endearing, charming, and all around great person to read about.

While Clare might not like the spotlight the events of book one have put her under, I actually think it's helped her come out of her shell a little bit.  She seems to know who to trust overall, even though events lead to doubt those around her.  I love that she knows what type of people the popular girls are, but basks in the limelight just a little bit.  I think it helps see what a wonderful person she is.  I'm also very happy to see that she's made some friends outside of Justin and her brother.

I love this new popularity in YA mysteries.  It's always been one of my favorites genres, but something that doesn't get a lot of play in the young adult world.  I like the element of Clare's families abilities.  It's a different twist to the story.  It's not just good old fashioned detective work that gets the mystery solved.  I also enjoyed the Clare likes to help people with the problems to the point that it draws some extremely unwanted attention to herself.  I had it pegged who the culprit was, but I still enjoyed the buildup to get there.

One of my favorites parts of this story was the romance.  I like Justin, but I'm so proud of Clare for being so hesitant when he wants to get back together.  Although, I was surprised to learn the true circumstances on the night he cheated.   I don't think it changed my opinion of him very much though.  Probably because I love Gabriel.   I love that he doesn't push Clare into making a decision.  But, he is sure to tell exactly were she stands and what he wants.   I think Clare needed that push to make a decision.  

Great read and I can't wait for the next one!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails