Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Review - Everlasting (The Immortals #6) by Alyson Noel

Everlasting (Immortals Series #6)Title: Everlasting
Author: Alyson Noel
Series: 6th (Evermore, Blue Moon, 
Pages: 320
Published: June 7, 2011 by St. Martins Press
ISBN: 9780312642075
 Source: Library








Description: Their darkest enemies now defeated, Damen and Ever are free to embark upon their final quest—to free Damen from the poison lingering in his body.  If they can just find the antidote, they’ll finally be able to feel each other’s touch—and experience the passionate night they’ve been longing for.  But their fight to be together will lead them into the most formidable terrain yet…into the dark heart of Summerland.  Here in a land of scorched earth and endless rain, Ever and Damen will discover their relationship’s hidden origins, expose a secret history they never imagined…and come face to face with the true reason fate keeps tearing them apart.  Only then, when the final mystery is unraveled and the last secret revealed, Ever and Damen’s future will hinge on one ultimate decision that will put everything at stake….even eternity.

I Give This ...
 Photobucket

I'm not sure how I feel about this series overall.  For awhile there, I thought we were going in circles and not a single character was showing any growth.  I knew that I would eventually read this final installment, but I also knew that I wasn't in any rush to get to it.

Ever actually surprised me during this story.  It's like a light finally came on and she realized all the damage she's done to the people around her.  Most of the story was focused on the idea of karma.  I found this to be highly appropriate for the story.  Many of the characters having being paying for their sins for centuries.  I liked the journey that Ever has to go on the find this out.  It really opens her eyes to the meaning of true immortality.

Up until the very end, I was afraid the Damen wasn't going to learn the same lesson.  He seemed content to hold on the past and the way things have always been.  I was surprised at that considering the lengths he has gone to to be with Ever.  But, the final step proved to be harder step for him to take.

The odd thing with this story was that I found it very slow and sometimes boring.  It lacked the spark that the other books had.  While I sometimes found the characters infuriating in other books, I kept reading.  This one did have that as much.    Still, an overall satisfying end to the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails