Thursday, August 25, 2011

Review - Clean by Amy Reed

CleanTitle: Clean
Author: Amy Reed
Series: Stand Alone
Pages: 288
Published: July 19, 2011 by Simon Pulse 
ISBN:  9781442413443
Source: Galley Grab Program







Description: You’re probably wondering how I ended up here. I’m still wondering the same thing.  Olivia, Kelly, Christopher, Jason, and Eva have one thing in common: They're addicts. Addicts who have hit rock bottom and been stuck together in rehab to face their problems, face sobriety, and face themselves. None of them wants to be there. None of them wants to confront the truths about their pasts. And they certainly don’t want to share their darkest secrets and most desperate fears with a room of strangers. But they'll all have to deal with themselves and one another if they want to learn how to live. Because when you get that high, there's nowhere to go but down, down, down.

I Give This ...
 Photobucket

This really was a distracting book to read.  I think that's a given when you have four different view points.  It's did have it's good qualities though.

I did enjoy reading about each characters addictions and their lives.  Each one has a different problem and different things that lead to there addictions.  I found that fascinating.  I enjoyed how each one came to terms with who they were and how their addictions were controlling their lives.  While reading about each of their rock bottoms was a little horrifying, I liked having it all laid out for me.  It helped me see how each one got to rehab, either by their own choice or by their actions.  I think it also helped them when they each acknowledged that publicly. 

I didn't really like the 4 person storyline, especially when a couple characters didn't have a distinct voice.  Occasionally I had a hard time figuring out who was talking.  It also felt like I didn't get to know the characters as well as I would have liked because of this.  I also just didn't like the rehab set up.  It didn't feel real.  There was something that just didn't flow right for me about the whole thing. 

1 comment:

  1. You know, I was really looking forward to this one, and I own a copy, but the reviews I've seen of it haven't left me with much hope. It's still something I look forward to reading, but perhaps I'll have to wait on it a while.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails