Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Review: Embrace the Night (Cassandra Palmer #3) by Karen Chance

Embrace the Night (Cassandra Palmer, #3)Title: Embrace the Night
Author: Karen Chance
Series: 3rd in Cassandra Palmer
Pages: 400
Published: Available now from Roc
ISBN: 9780451461995
Source: Library







Description: Cassandra Palmer may be the world's chief clairvoyant, but she's still magically bound to a master vampire. Only an ancient book called the Codex Merlini possesses the incantation to free Cassie-but harnessing its limitless power could endanger the world...

I Give This ...
Photobucket

I think the first problem was that it's been too long since I've read the first two books in this series.  I just wasn't remembering the details to make the story flow at first.  But gradually I was swept into the story and things begin to make sense.

Cassandra has made a few too many promises in my eyes.  I was curious how she was going to get the Codex and give it to the people who want it.  It crossed my mind that maybe it was hidden for a reason, but yet it never really seemed to bother her.  She just wanted that spell.  In her eyes, it was the only answer. 

I think the best part of this book was the action.  And there's a lot of it.  Cassandra, Mireca and Priktin manage to get themselves in some interesting situations.  And some of the best scenes happen in different era's and with characters from those era's.   Which actually leads to a drawback.  I really had a hard time figuring out the timeline sometimes.  Was it modern day Mireca or the one living during the French Revolution?  What time era are we actually in?  Sometimes, I just had to let it go.

I found the mystery surrounding Priktin really interesting.  He's involved way deeper than I ever imagined.  Plus, he has some serious baggage that I wasn't expecting.  Still not sure what side he's on though.  Or maybe his best interest is himself?  I'm hoping somethings get cleared up for me in the next book.  Which, I hope to read sooner rather than later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails