Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Guest Post with Dawn Metcalf author of Luminous

I was really intrigued by the idea that people have powers in the Flow, so I asked Dawn what power she would have.   And here is what she said ...


If I had a power in the Flow, I think I'd like the ability to be able to physically reach out and touch the unique spark that lives in everybody. That might sound a bit "aww, fluffy!", but I assure you that I'm a wry, twisted cynic with the heart of an idealist, but I really do mean it. Think about it like this: who you are as a human being exists once in forever. The variables of where you were born, when you were born, your particular family, friends, experiences and opinions is a combination that has never happened in exactly that way before and will never happen in exactly that way ever again. Each person is a 100% unique individual and, if you're inclined to believe it, a once-in-a-lifetime divine gift to the world. If you can become aware of that when you're meeting another person, or (even better) realize that about yourself, then I think we'd all be a lot nicer to ourselves and one another.

So if I could reach out a finger and touch that firefly of light that rings like a chime inside your heart so you knew it and felt it without doubt, remembering it always? Yeah, I'd like to do that.




“I like my books like my chocolate–
dark, bittersweet, and a little bit nutty.”

 
Short Version:
If you want to know about me, read one of my books.
Or ask my mom, she’ll tell you.

Medium Version:
I have no good excuse for the way I write. I lived in a normal, loving, suburban home, studied hard, went to college, went to graduate school, got married, had babies, and settled down in northern Connecticut. Despite this wholesome lifestyle, I was clearly corrupted by fairy tales, puppet visionaries, British humour and graphic novels. As a result, I write dark, quirky, and sometimes humorous speculative fiction.



LuminousLuminous by Dawn Metcalf
Release Date: July 7, 2011

As reality slips and time stands still, Consuela finds herself thrust into the world of the Flow. Removed from all she loves into this shifting world overlapping our own, Consuela quickly discovers she has the power to step out of her earthly skin and cloak herself in new ones-skins made from the world around her, crafted from water, fire, air. She is joined by other teens with extraordinary abilities, bound together to safeguard a world they can affect, but where they no longer belong.

When murder threatens to undo the Flow, the Watcher charges Consuela and elusive, attractive V to stop the killer. But the psychopath who threatens her new world may also hold the only key to Consuela's way home.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails