Friday, May 27, 2011

Blogging about Blogging!

  • How do you utilize social networking in relation to your blog? What may be the pros and cons of doing so?
I have a Facebook pages for my blog, but honestly I rarely interact with it beside letting my posts come up automatically.  I spend enough time on Facebook personally!  I do use Twitter quite a bit, but not as much as others.  I don't have the time to follow every little thing on there.  And, I often fill like I'm butting in on conversations. 
  • Share some of your favorite blogging technical tips.
          I'm not sure I have any :)  I'm horrible at proofreading.  I'm the type of person that can read what I mean, not what it actually says.  I have my own little shortcuts for posting that works for me but may not for someone else.
  • Create a "rule list" of things you should and shouldn't be doing on a book blog. 
          Make your blog your own.  It's a reflection of who you are and how you feel.  It shouldn't be like someone else's!  
  • What are your tips for balance life and blogging?
          Don't let blogging take over your life.  Sometimes you need to step back and take a break from it and that's ok.  Blogging about books should be fun because you're doing something you love.
    • How do you keep your blog fresh and interesting to your readers & yourself?
              Actually this is something I really need to work on.  I feel like I'm currently in a little slump.  But, it's hard to come up with something fresh and original when balancing everyday life with two little ones!
    • There are quite a few book blogging events out there. Which are your favorites and why? How do they affect your blog directly?
              I'm not really sure what was meant by this.  If it's meme's, I participate in In My Mailbox and It's Monday! What Are You Reading?.    I love them both and love seeing other people's post.  I especially like It's Monday because if it helps me keep on track of what to read next.  As for actual live in person things, I've never been to one.  I live in Idaho, and there's rarely even an author signing near me.  The big events are all to far away or too expensive to get to (or both).  One day.....

      3 comments:

      1. All very good thoughts! I keep my Facebook and Book Blog seperate. Not a fan of Twitter, I don't get it. (must be my age.

        ReplyDelete
      2. I keep Facebook separate, too. I like Twitter, but it does not scale well. The more people you follow, the more it becomes pure chance to see something good.

        ReplyDelete
      3. My husband said I am way too involved in blogging and reading. I love it though! I use Twitter but don't fully understand it! I love Facebook. I have found so many authors on there!

        ReplyDelete

      I love comments!

      LinkWithin

      Related Posts with Thumbnails