Thursday, May 19, 2011

B & K's Reading Daze


I have two girls who love to read as much as I do.  Granted they are 5 and 3, so reading isn't exactly what they do.  I'm so excited that this love of mine seems to be passing on to them.  So B & K's Reading Daze highlights some of the books they have enjoyed over the past month.  These books are usually books we find at the library, although occasionally I will showcase some favorites that we own or whatever else they really enjoy.

I thought I would do something a little different this time around.  Instead of book, how about movies that get a lot of playtime in my house.  I know, I know, TV time is bad.  But, my girls love to watch a movie right after lunch.  It's also my blog time, so a movie keeps the girls occupied and quiet!  Here are a couple that both the kids and the adults like.



Tangled starring Mandy Moore: DVD CoverOur household would not be complete without Tangled.  We're a big princess household.  We saw this one twice in the theater and bought it the day it came out.  We also own the soundtrack, so saying we like it might be an understatement.  B is particularly fond of Rapunzel.









How to Train Your Dragon starring Jay Baruchel: DVD CoverI can't figure out exactly what it is they love about this movie.  I think it's just the idea of dragons.  It's a far cry from the girly movies they usually love.  I know this one is based on a book.  Since that book is part of a series, I'm hoping there will be a sequel!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails