Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Review: Green-Eyed Demon (Sabina Kane #3) by Jaye Wells

Green-Eyed Demon (Sabina Kane, #3)Title: Green-Eyed Demon
Author: Jaye Wells
Series: 3rd in Sabina Kane
Pages:376
Published: Available now from Orbit
ISBN: 9780316037778
Source: Publisher via Netgalley





Description: Things to do: 1. Rescue sister. 2. Murder grandmother. 3. Don't upset the voodoo priestess. The clock is ticking for Sabina Kane. Her sister has been kidnapped by her grandmother, the Dark Races are on the brink of war, and a mysterious order is manipulating everyone behind the scenes. Working on information provided by an unlikely ally, Sabina and her trusty sidekicks--a sexy mage named Adam Lazarus and Giguhl, a Mischief demon--head to New Orleans to begin the hunt for her sister. Once there, they must contend with belligerent werewolves, magic-wielding vampires and--perhaps most frightening of all--humans. But as much as Sabina is focused on surviving the present, the past won't be ignored. Before she can save those she cares about most, she must save herself from the ghosts of her past.

I Give This ...
  Photobucket

My word Sabina has a lot on her plate.  Just when things were starting to look up, she's slammed with another life threatening situation.  It's a good thing her previous occupation was an assassin, because I think it's enabled her to be able to react to the intense situations that she gets herself in.

While I'm a little tired of the constant change in scenery,  I think I've enjoyed this book set in New Orleans the best.  The feel it gives the story fit into everything else that goes on.  I particularly enjoyed their involvement with the voodoo priestess.  The fact that she was human made for some interesting events and usually the made the priestess look more capable that anybody else.  I loved the scene in the graveyard were they manage to animate a dead body into a zombie!

Sabina grows in leaps and bounds it seems.  She acknowledges that her grandmother is nothing more than an evil vampire who feels to family connection to her.  I think she's also coming to terms with having a twin sister.  Plus, she finally admits both to herself and out loud how she really feels about Adam.  It's funny how paranormal races have such an issue with commitment!

Overall this installment was intense and brought a lot of issues to a close.  But, because we love Sabina, Adam, and Giguhl (can I have a demon minion?) so much, we get new issues.  Who is the leader of the Caste and what does he want?  I my biggest thought...will someone please put the fairy queen in her place!!  I think she might be just as bad as Sabina's grandmother!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails