Friday, December 24, 2010

The Sapphire Talisman (Talisman #2) by Brenda Pandos

The Sapphire Talisman (Talisman, #2)Title: The Sapphire Talisman
Author: Brenda Pandos
Series: 2nd in Talisman
Pages: 320
Published: Available now from Obsidian Mountain
ISBN: 9780982903322
Source: ARC from Around The World Tours







Description: With the local vampire coven decimated, Julia and Nicholas try to begin a somewhat normal life together. Bound by secrecy from a shape shifter determined to see Julia’s world-saving prediction come to fruition, Julia isn’t allowed to tell Nicholas the leader survived, ransacking her happiness with guilt. When Alora returns, bent on revenge, the reunion forces Nicholas and Julia to choose what they are willing to live and die for.

I Give This ...
  Photobucket

I wasn't really invested in The Emerald Talisman.  It was good, but felt like it had been done before.  I picked up this one with no real idea if it could be better than the first.  I'm happy to say that it was!
I liked Julia a lot more in this installment.  She's risking more both for Nicholas and her friends and family.  I understand the secrecy and sneaking out, but I could tell how heavy in weighted on her lying to her dad all the time.  I enjoyed her bantering with Scarlett.  I think they try to play off that they dislike each other, but I don't think completely true.
I also enjoyed the entire trip to LA.  Nicholas opened up and introduced her to people that were important to him.  I was also touched my Julia's visit to her grandmother and her mother's grave.

My favorite part involved Nicholas.  This story isn't all lovey-dovey.  I thought it had a dark side that was done very well.  I liked how it showed Nicholas' other side that he tries so hard to control.  I also really enjoyed the ending.  It left me actually really wanting to read the next in the series!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails