Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Desires of the Dead (The Body Finder #2) by Kimberly Derting

Desires of the DeadTitle: Desires of the Dead
Author: Kimberly Derting
Series: 2nd in series
Pages: 368
Published: February 15, 2011 by HarperCollins
ISBN: 9780061779848
Source: Around The World Tours









Description: The missing dead call to Violet. They want to be found. When Violet Ambrose's morbid ability to sense the echoes of those who've been murdered leads her to the body of a young boy, she draws the attention of the FBI. She is reluctantly pulled into an investigation that will endanger more than just her secret...but her relationship and possibly her life as well. 

I Give This ...
Photobucket

I had high hopes for this one.  It's hard not to when the first in a series comes out with a bang.  With the paranormal element and a cast of characters you can't help but love, I think think series will go far.

I really love Violet's ability.  The author has definitely put some thought into it.  Each death has a distinctive call for Violet and I think that is truly a unique aspect to this story.  I think she's really coming to terms with what she can do.  Before it was just a matter of animals and proper burial.  I think she's realizing she can use it for the greater good.  I like the character growth involved in this.  Although there was awhile there she was your typical teenage girl.  It had nothing to do with her ability and everything to do with Jay.  I wanted to smack her and tell her to stop being so foolish.

I hope Jay is always there to be her knight in shinning armor.  It's not that she needs saving, but the dead call to her so strongly that sometimes she doesn't realize the danger she puts herself in.  He's known her for so long and cares for her so much that it's hard not to find him so endearing.  I also liked the addition of Rafe.  I hope the author doesn't make it a love triangle in the future.  But Rafe would make a great shoulder for Violet to lean on.

I pegged the mystery pretty easily this time.  But, I don't think it was about the mystery in this installment.  It was about Violet accepting that she can use her ability to help others.  Which brings us to the FBI involvement.  I wasn't sure about Sara at first.  I couldn't figure out what she was after.  But, I was glad she was so interested in Violet and I think she (and her crew) can really help Violet.

I highly recommend this series to anyone that likes a touch of mystery mixed in with their paranormal.  It's perfect for teens and adults!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm an new follower. Desires of the Dead looks really good. I have never heard of the Body Finder series. I'm going to put the first one on my TBR list.
    I really like your header. It's very cute.
    Glad I found your blog.

    Caroline @ Bon Bons and Reveries

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails