Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My Fair Godmother by Janette Rallison

My Fair GodmotherTitle: My Fair Godmother
Author: Janette Rallison
Series: new book but not really a series
Pages: 320
Published: January 2009 by Walker Books
ISBN: 9780802797803
Source: Library








Description: After her boyfriend dumps her for her older sister, sophomore Savannah Delano wishes she could find a true prince to take her to the prom. Enter Chrissy (Chrysanthemum) Everstar: Savannah’s gum-chewing, cell phone–carrying, high heel-wearing Fair Godmother. Showing why she’s only Fair—because she’s not a very good fairy student—Chrissy mistakenly sends Savannah back in time to the Middle Ages, first as Cinderella, then as Snow White. Finally she sends Tristan, a boy in Savannah’s class, back instead to turn him into her prom-worthy prince. When Savannah returns to the Middle Ages to save Tristan, they must team up to defeat a troll, a dragon, and the mysterious and undeniably sexy Black Knight. Laughs abound in this clever fairy tale twist from a master of romantic comedy. 

I Give This ... 
Photobucket

I was prepared for something light-hearted with this bookWhat I was unprepared for was how much I thoroughly loved it.  It's just an all around fun book.  Add in the fairy tale element, a "fair" godmother, and a modern day prince only missing the official title and you have a story that appeals to both teens and adults.

I wasn't sure about Savannah at first.  She seemed the typical teenage girl that everyone else wants to be and also loves to hate.  I didn't like the way her sister handled the relationship with Hunter.  But, I also think Savannah could have behaved differently.  Enter in the picture the fair godmother.  I actually wish we got more of Chrissy.  She seemed like a riot!  I loved how the classic fairy tales weren't actually what we think.  Who doesn't want to be Cinderella or Snow White?  Well, in this story you don't.  

I loved Tristan.  He was like the true knight in shinny armor.  I can't imagine what he thought when Chrissy showed up at his house and told him he had to become a prince and had to go back in time to do it.  I thought he fit in really well into the middle ages.  He was book smart and knew how to behave and what certain customs were.  But, he was also able to be street wise.  The romance was sweet between Tristan and Savannah.  You knew it was there from the beginning, yet the author allowed it to grow.  It wasn't overwhelming, but you were rooting for them the entire way. 

I can't wait to see what Chrissy is up to with her new charge in the next book My Unfair Godmother!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails