Monday, October 25, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.  Click on the picture to be taken to Sheila at One Person's Journey Through A World of Books!

I ventured out of my comfort zone a little this week and found 2 books that I really enjoyed.

I started off the week with Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers.  I thought it was good, but the beginning really failed to capture my attention.  But, I was curious and kept reading.

I decided to read Nine Rules To Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLean next.  I put this one on my to-read list after reading her young adult novel.  I was afraid it was going to be to romancey (I don't think that a word) for me.  I was surprise dhow much I liked it.  And the book has real substance to it.

I needed to read Sea Glass by Maria V. Snyder.  It was a little slower than the first in the series, but I liked the developments in the story.  I was also pleased to see some elements come to an end.  I am really curious to see what happens with one particular event in the next book.  It seems way more important than the story tries to make you believe.

I also finished Ten Ways to be Adored When Landing a Lord by Sarah MacLean.  I liked it better than the first book.  It still has the romantic elements that will knock your socks off.  But, I liked the characters more, and that's saying a lot because I enjoyed Callie and Gabriel from the first novel immensely. 

I'm currently reading She Walks in Beauty by Siri Mitchell.  I seem to have a thing for this type of  book as of late, so I hope it's good.  I have 2 tour books coming in this week, My Unfair Godmother by Janette Rallison and Nevermore by Kelly Creagh, so I plan on reading those.  I will also read The Grand Delusion by Heath Sommer. 

5 comments:

  1. Hi! *waves*

    I hope you don't think I'm a terrible Author Stalker, but I saw your comment over on The Story Siren's IMM post and wanted to let you know that Flux only produced a very limited number of ARCs of The Iron Witch (sadly).

    From what I understand, they are out of ARCs but are going to make early copies of the complete book available to some reviewers in January - I hope you get one! :)

    Cheers,
    Kaz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reading week. I've read Sarah MacLean's YA, maybe I'll check out her adult books. Loved She Walks In Beauty, hope you are enjoying it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have enjoyed both Sea Glass and Storm Glass but have Spy Glass waiting for me on my TBR shelf. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed The Nine Rules to Break.... I read that a few weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You had a great reading week....

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails