Friday, June 18, 2010

Revenge Served Cold by Jackie Fullerton

Revenge Served ColdTitle: Revenge Served Cold
Author: Jackie Fullerton
Published: May 2010 by Thomas House Publishing
Pages: 287
ISBN: 9780984381500
Source: Copy Provided by The Cadence Group







Description: Kathy Spence awakens in the middle of the night and finds herself in a living nightmare. Her husband has been run down and she is the primary suspect. With an eyewitness to the crime and proof that her car was the murder weapon, it appears to be an open and shut case. Terrified for her future, Kathy turns to amateur sleuth Anne Marshall for help. Believing in Kathy s innocence, Anne launches her own investigation, uncovering proof of a conspiracy that reaches from Kathy s past and threatens her own life. In a race against time, Anne must count on her close friends and even the ghost of her father to help her bring a killer to justice before it's too late.

I Give This ...
Photobucket 

  I love a good mystery/thriller.  While this one probably falls more into the cozy mystery category, I still enjoyed it.  I did find it extremely predictable in the who-done it category.  I had the criminal pegged the moment the character stepped into the story.  I liked Anne.  It was a different twist that the person helping her with her case with the ghost of her father.  It played out better than I expected.  The story has a first in a series sort of feel.  We're just touching the surface of the characters with the potential to get to know them better in future books.  The only thing that bothered me a little is there's a previous case that Anne solved.  It's mentioned in passing a few times, and I wish it was explained a little better.  Also, I know cozy mysteries are light on sex and violence.  But, the slight sexual references seem out of place in this story.  
I would read more if the author decides to continue this into a series.  I would recommend it to those who like cozy mysteries, stories about amateur sleuthing, and who done it stories!

1 comment:

  1. This one is on my TBR list already--thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails