Saturday, May 22, 2010

Claire de Lune by Christine Johnson

Claire de LuneTitle: Claire de Lune
Author: Christine Johnson
Published: May 18, 2010 by Simon Pulse
Pages: 256
ISBN: 9781416991823
Source: ARC from Around The World Tours







Description: Torn between two destinies? Claire is having the perfect sixteenth birthday. Her pool party is a big success, and gorgeous Matthew keeps chatting and flirting with her as if she's the only girl there. But that night, she discovers something that takes away all sense of normalcy: she's a werewolf. As Claire is initiated into the pack of female werewolves, she must deal not only with her changing identity, but also with a rogue werewolf who is putting everyone she knows in danger. Claire's new life threatens her blossoming romance with Matthew, whose father is leading the werewolf hunt. Now burdened with a dark secret and pushing the boundaries of forbidden love, Claire is struggling to feel comfortable in either skin. With her lupine loyalty at odds with her human heart, she will make a choice that will change her forever? 

I Give This ...
Photobucket

I was a little torn on what to give this book.  There were a lot of things I liked and a few that I didn't.  For the longest time, I was not sure what I thought of Claire.  And, I think this had a lot to do with her mom, who I did not like.  I didn't like that (Marcy?) didn't explain and thing to Claire.  I didn't see a reason for it at all.  She tells her she's a werewolf and never answers any of her questions except for the vague response of I will tell you when it's time.  I think this made Claire act a little rash which is why I think I had a hard time with her.  I did like her relationship with Matthew.  It felt natural and not forced.  It also felt more real than some paranormal relationship do.  Claire's best friends annoyed me but I took this to be because Claire wasn't telling her anything.  I loved the twist on werewolves.  It was something totally different from the usual.  The ending took me by surprise.  If the author turns this into a series, I will be looking forward to see were she takes it.

1 comment:

  1. I did not like Claire's mother for most of the book but I did begin to like her towards the end. I did like Claire and Matthew and I plan to read the sequel whenever it is published.

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails