Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Voyager (Outlander, #3) by Diana Gabaldon

Voyager (Outlander, #3)

Title: Voyager
Author: Diana Gabaldon
Published: August 2001
Pages: 1072
ISBN: 9780770428785
Source: Personal Copy

Description: Their passionate encounter happened long ago by whatever measurement Claire Randall took. Two decades before, she had traveled back in time and into the arms of a gallant eighteenth-century Scot named Jamie Fraser. Then she returned to her own century to bear his child, believing him dead in the tragic battle of Culloden. Yet his memory has never lessened its hold on her... and her body still cries out for him in her dreams. Then Claire discovers that Jamie survived. Torn between returning to him and staying with their daughter in her own era, Claire must choose her destiny. And as time and space come full circle, she must find the courage to face the passion and pain awaiting her...the deadly intrigues raging in a divided Scotland... and the daring voyage into the dark unknown that can reunite—or forever doom—her timeless love.

I Give This Book 5 Stars!

At the start of this book, I was afraid it wasn't going to live up to the first two. It took me awhile to figure out why I wasn't liking it as much. While I enjoyed learning about Jamie and Claire after they were separated, it's the two of them together that make this series so special. And then I realized that story of their 20 years apart is important too. As a reader we need to understand how much of an influence they had on one another. That even after 20 years (not to mention 2 centuries), they still hold those outstanding feelings for each other. But, I have to admit, that moment in the print shop was what I was waiting for! This book takes you on a ride. It's not stop action with all that heart stopping romance in between. It's suspenseful, and at times I really wondered if Jamie and/or Claire was going to get out of whatever situation they managed to find themselves in. It had some major shocks and twists in it, things that I was down right not expecting. And, at times I wondered if 20 years of separation was just too much to overcome. At the end of the story, I was left with a book that rivals my first love of Outlander! I was amazed at the story Diana Gabaldon has managed to create.

3 comments:

  1. This series is one of my all time favorite and each time I experience it, I fall in love all over again. Currently, I am listening to The Fiery Cross. The reader does an excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remembering finishing the second book and going "what?!?" I automatically went to pick up the third book....but I had the fourth book by accident! I went out the next day in between my classes in college to the store to get this book. And you're right....having Jamie and Claire together really makes this series. After all the stuff that gets thrown at them, they still manage to tough it out and love and trust each other. And yes, that scene in the printer shop...I think I will have to go and reread just that scene now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scene in the printer shop gave me chills :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails