Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3) by Rick Riordan

The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)

Title: The Titan's Curse
Author: Rick Riordan
Published: May 2007
Pages: 312
ISBN: 9781423101451
Source: Library

Description: When the goddess Artemis goes missing, she is believed to have been kidnapped. And now it's up to Percy and his friends to find out what happened. Who is powerful enough to kidnap a goddess? They must find Artemis before the winter solstice, when her influence on the Olympian Council could swing an important vote on the war with the Titans. Not only that, but first Percy will have to solve the mystery of a rare monster that Artemis was hunting when she disappeared -- a monster rumored to be so powerful it could destroy Olympus forever.

I Give This Book 4 Stars!

This book starts out with a bang. The gang finds two new powerful demigods, the Goddess Artemis is kidnapped, and Annabeth goes missing. I have to admit, I don't recall the Hunters from Greek mythology very well. I was happy to learn more about them. They made for an interesting addition to the story. Especially since I think this series is directed more at boys, and the Hunters are basically "man-haters." Their leader, Zoe, was a wonderful addition to the cast of characters. I wasn't sure about Thalia at first. She kind of annoyed me. But, I think the explanation of being frozen as tree for 7 years without really aging explained a lot. Percy continues to keep me interested in the story. And now that we think we know what his flaw is, should make the rest of the series that much more interesting. Especially since I would consider his flaw to be more "noble." I loved learning a few new things about Greek mythology that I didn't know before. The author continues to weave even the lesser known myths into the story! I especially enjoyed how the story of Atlas was worked in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails