Friday, April 23, 2010

Princess for Hire by Lindsey Leavitt

Princess for Hire

Title: Princess For Hire
Author: Lindsey Leavitt
Published: March 2010
Pages: 240
ISBN: 9781423121923
Source: Publisher sent copy after I requested

Description: When a well-dressed woman steps out of a bubble and wants to know if you'd like to become a substitute princess, do you A) run B) faint C) say yes? For Desi Bascomb, who's been longing for some glamour in her Idaho life, the choice is a definite C). Desi has a rare ability: with the help of "Royal Rouge," she can temporarily transform into the exact look-alike of any princess who needs her subbing services. Dream come true, right? Well, Desi soon discovers that subbing involves a lot more than wearing a tiara and waving at cameras.... In this winning debut, one girl's dream of glamour transforms into the desire to make a positive impact. And an impact Desi makes, one royal fiasco at a time.

I Give This Book 4 Stars!

contacted the author (who directed me to her publisher) about this book. It just sounded so cute and since it was sort of set in Idaho, I wanted it! Thankfully the publisher consented to my wish! From the pink glittery cover to the princess story inside, I felt like the this story had Disney written all over. But, not in the cheesy straight to DVD sort of way. I was reminded of Meg Cabot's Princess Diaries (OK the movie version since I haven't read the books). Desi is a great character for pre-teens. She's struggling with who she is, but knows she wants to make a difference. I think she does a fantastic job helping princess' who feel the exact same way she does. And, in doing so she gains confidence in her own life. The story had a little bit of fairy tale magic that makes it all cute and bubbly (pun intended)! Overall perfect for pre-teens, or even younger girls. I think even some adult might like this as well (I know I did)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails