Thursday, March 4, 2010

Shadowland (The Immortals, #3) by Alyson Noel

Shadowland (The Immortals, #3)


Title: Shadowland
Author: Alyson Noel
Published: November 2009
Pages: 339
ISBN: 9780312590444
Source: Library


Description: At the start of this breathtaking novel, Damen and Ever travel to Summerland in search of an antidote to reverse a powerful poison. But instead of the cure they seek, they find something far more sinister: the truth about their existence and the fate lying in wait of an immortal’s soul.  Now, with Damen fighting to save them from the Shadowland, Ever turns to magick, hoping to break Damen’s curse. Along the way Ever encounters the mysterious Jude, finding herself drawn to him in a way that will test her love for Damen like never before . ..


 I Give This Book 4 Stars! (see below)


So, I really should have written my review when I read this book .  You notice I give it 4 stars, but that's because it's what I rated it on goodreads.  But, I made the mistake of reading some other reviews before I wrote my own.  And now, I've forgotten what I liked about it.  All I can see are the issues that others pointed out.  So, I'm tempted to go back and give it 3 stars.  I did like it.  The plot was interesting and suspenseful at times.  The introduction of Jude and why he was there  completely caught me off guard.  I know for sure that when I finished reading it the twins really annoyed me.  But, now all I can think of is the lack of development in Ever and Damon's relationship.  We seem to still be in the same place we were in book one.  I can't help but notice Ever's glaring faults.  Bad choice after bad choice do not make for an interesting series.  At some the main character has to evolve a little.  But, I will continue on.  But at this point in the series, I'm glad it's the library buying them and not me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails