Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary (Fablehaven, #4) by Brandon Mull

Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary (Fablehaven, #4)


Title: Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary
Author: Brandon Mull
Published: March 2009
Pages: 535
ISBN: 9781606410424
Source: Library book


Description: Brace yourself for a shocking secret. Two hidden artifacts have been found. Three more remain unrecovered. More preserves face destruction as the Society of the Evening Star relentlessly pursues new talismans. Reading in Patton's Journal of Secrets, Kendra learns the location of the key to a vault housing one of the artifacts. In order to retrieve it, the Knights of the Dawn must enter a death trap a dragon sanctuary called Wyrmroost. The mission cannot proceed without stealing a sacred object zealously guarded by the centaurs. Anybody seen Seth? The race is on to acquire all five of the artifact keys to the great demon prison. Will the Knights of the Dawn conquer Wyrmroost? Who can stop the Sphinx? Can Vanessa be trusted to help? What artifact will be found next? Find out in Fablehaven: Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary.


I Give This Book 4 Stars!


I gave it 4 stars but I'm tempted to give it more... it's only real draw back is that it's long.  Which doesn't have to be a bad thing, it just doesn't have the race until the end, need to read it feel.  But, besides that, I love this series.  What I do find odd is that I love the mythical creatures in this series more than I love the characters.  The characters are well executed though, and have plenty of appeal.  But, for some reason, I just love the fantasy.  The author has created this tightly woven world of mythical races.  Everything has an explanation that fits in with each race.  And, while those little details may seem like they dont' matter, it's what makes the story real.  The author has created a completely functioning different world within our own.  And, just when it seems like we've reached an ending point of new characters, the author adds a new one.  It's never overwhelming though.  I always want more.   I have really enjoyed watching Seth and Kendra evolve with the powers they have been granted by very different races withing their grandparents preserve.  And it will be interesting to see how they work together to use them.   I can't wait to read the next (and what I think will be the last) in this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails