Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Masquerade (Blue Bloods, #2) by Melissa De La Cruz

Masquerade (Blue Bloods, #2)


Title: Masquerade
Author: Melissa De La Cruz
Published: May 2007 by Hyperion
Pages: 320
ISBN: 9780786838936


Description: Schuyler Van Alen is starting to get more comfortable with her newfound vampire powers, but she still has many unanswered questions. A trip to Italy in search of her grandfather only serves to make things more confusing. What secrets are the leaders of The Committee hiding? Meanwhile, back in New York, preparations are feverishly underway for the famous Four Hundred Ball. In true Blue Blood fashion, the ball is totally fab, complete with masks, and hidden behind this masquerade is a revelation that will change the course of a young vampire's destiny.


I Give This Book 4 Stars!


I was not extremely impressed with the first book in the series.  But, since I was left hanging, I felt the need to continue on.  Again, I'm glad I did for the second in the series was well worth it!  The story line isn't as choppy this time around.  I liked the character development.  Schuyler makes some interesting discoveries, both about herself and about those around her.  She's different from everyone else in the story, and I think that is what makes her interesting.  I see the love triangle growing, which will let for more intrigue in future books.  Thankfully, I have Revelations waiting for me at the library, so I don't have to wait too much longer to read the next installment!

1 comment:

  1. I'm really enjoying this series too. I read the 4th one and now have to wait probably a whole other year for the next book. I hear she's writing companion books to these as well, focusing on Bliss I think. But it is truly one of the few vampire books/series that I like out there. Loving the whole vampire/angel aspect of it--very unique.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails