Thursday, December 24, 2009

Literary Classics Challenge

Literary Classics by globalglenn.


I have to admit that I am not well read in Literary Classics.  I more of a modern book kind of gal.  But, I though this challenge might be good for me.  Let's just say it was an eye opener :)  Here is what I read...





  • Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen


  • Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte


  • The Scarlett Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne


  • Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens


  • The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas


Pride and Prejudice was by far my favorite.  Oliver Twist and The Three Musketeers were worthy reads as well.  The Scarlett Letter was just ok.  Wuthering Heights...I just don't know.   I didn't like it, but feel maybe sometime in the future I may have to read it again.

2 comments:

  1. I find that people either love or hate Wuthering Heights. :) I happen to love it but my mom and sisters, having read it, don't understand why.

    Great list of classics!! If you're interested, I'll be hosting a classics challenge in April. http://classics2008.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be interested in your reviewing my new book, after a few weeks. I have three out now awaiting a review on blogs. When those are posted, would you be interested in reviewing Angela 1: Starting Over? To find out about the book, just click on my name and follow the link to my website. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails