Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Moon Called (Mercedes Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs

Moon Called (Mercedes Thompson, #1)

I Give This Book 3.5 Stars!

Description: "Werewolves can be dangerous if you get in their way, but they'll leave you alone if you are careful. They are very good at hiding their natures from the human population, but I'm not human. I know them when I meet them, and they know me, too. "
Mercy Thompson's sexy next-door neighbor is a werewolf.

She's tinkering with a VW bus at her mechanic shop that happens to belong to a vampire.
But then, Mercy Thompson is not exactly normal herself... and her connection to the world of things that go bump in the night is about to get her into a whole lot of trouble.


For the most part I really enjoyed this book.  I liked the characters and their development throughout the story.  I especially like Mercy.  The plot was interesting and kept me reading.  My only problem was at times, it was hard to follow.  I found myself having to reread paragraphs (or pages) to make sure I understood what was happening.  In fact I had to reread the section with the vampires more than once because I was completely confused.  I enjoyed reading more about the werewolves and how their dominance works.  And I was right in thinking that reading Moon Called (and maybe more of the series) first would have been better when reading Cry Wolf.  Overall, still a likeable read.

1 comment:

  1. Thank GOD I wasn't the only one. Everyone fell head over heals and while it wasn't a bad read, I didn't have that satisfied feeling.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails