Saturday, September 5, 2009

Cry Wolf (Alpha and Omega #1) by Patricia Briggs


I give this book 3.5 Stars!


Description: Anna never knew werewolves existed until the night she survived a violent attack and became one herself. After three years at the bottom of the pack, she'd learned to keep her head down and never, ever trust dominant males. But Anna is that rarest kind of werewolf: an Omega. And one of the most powerful werewolves in the country will recognize her value as a pack member, and as his mate.


I never been much on fantasy/sci-fi books.  But I liked Harry Potter, The Twilight series, and recently the Sookie Stackhouse series.  And technically speaking those could all fall under that category.  I decide to branch out a bit and see what else I might like.  Patricia Briggs seems to be a popular author in that category, so I added a few of her books to my to read list.  I happened to notice this one in the library last week and picked it up.  I was pleasantly surprised by it.  The story line was a lot like those by my favorite authors, it just so happens the main characters are werewolves and the antagonist is a witch!    The only reason it's 3.5 instead of 4 stars is I kind of felt like I should have read the Mercy Thompson books first.  It's the start of a new series, but it seemed like there were things that the author assumes you know because you've read the other series already.  But overall, I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails